Friday 10 August 2012

Success Day 10 Wop Woop!!



Bit of a cheeky one today . . . 

Day 10 Success

Thirty minutes until the deadline passes but still she has nothing. Her mind is blank, her patience wearing thin. With each new idea, she’s flooded with a new found optimism until she discards it along with the others. The hand moves on the clock, nearer and nearer; but nearer to what? Success is way out of reach; failure is closer. The heat rises, she’s flushed with agitation. But then, it’s here, out of nowhere  . . . .  An idea. She works with it, the idea evolves and then . . . success! Finally! The post for day 10 is here!  Phew!



Day Ten!!! Woop Woop!! of the jump-on-board-for-blogflash2012-30-days-30-prompts-30-posts/ coutesey of Terri Giuliano Long. Pop along to her page The Art and Craft of Writing Creatively for wonderful tips and advice on writing and for reading the entries from wonderful writers.

13 comments:

  1. Cutting it fine...quite literally, but makes for a great post! After all, I'm sure someone once said we should write about what we know! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chick; cheeky but yes, I definitely know this place!! Been there too many times! xx

      Delete
  2. A wonderful post, Lizzie! I love that you were able to turn your own experience of Day 10 into the post itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it quite cheeky but had run out of options and time! Very relieved you like. xx

      Delete
  3. Very nice! I've had days like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Day's like this are rubbish! xx

      Delete
  4. Great post. And yes I too have had days like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know on day's like this, I feel like I'm the only one. Obviously not; but it's still rubbish xx

      Delete
  5. Nice one, feeling like that myself today :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could send you some support and ideas in how to get out of it . . but I have nothing!That idea will be round the corner Lesley. xxx

      Delete
  6. Fantastic!! Howmany times I have sat there and wondered how I was going come up with even the smallest nugget of an idea! Just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you. I was so frustrated and wasn't at all confident in this piece. Thought it cheeky. Glad you liked. xx

      Delete
  7. This is one of my all time favorite #blogflash2012 entries!!! Smart, funny and DONE!! I love it when you're cheeky!! :)

    ReplyDelete