Saturday 18 July 2015

I'm Still A Cat Person . . . Right?





Love my cat, Indi

I love cats!


I just wanted to reiterate this after a week of doggie madness where dogs took over completely at work.
We (I say we, it was really the kids from Y5) hosted a dog show on the school field for a fundraising event to support their business idea for Enterprise week.
I expected dogs. That’s fine. But what I didn’t expect was this urge to stroke and pet them, even go all gooey over them, talking in that sing song voice I usually reserve for my cat! (Or any cat actually because they’re so cute).
There were some really beautiful dogs and I couldn’t resist snapping away as they competed in:


Waggiest tail
Sparkliest eyes
Dog looking most like its owner
Dog the judges would most like to take home


I wish I could add some of the pics but they’re all at work.


Hold on.


Doing what cats do best
I’m a cat person.
Always have been.
Always will be.
There’s something very therapeutic in stroking its silky fur, listening to the purr. My cat, Indi, is a right old chatterbox and makes some weird but funny sounds when he looks out at the birds in the garden.


However, my Hubby suggests I was a dog in a past life because of my love of walks and the fact dogs like me! Whenever we’re out, they always come up to me without encouragement. He reckons I’m secretly a dog person.


I’m a cat person. I’m a cat person. I’m a cat person. 

Handsome boy

People were convincing me to become a dog person in my Facebook Post  with their really cute pics of doggies. I tried to balance it out with cat pics so it's quite a cute, feel good thread. And a suggestion was made in the post that you could be both a cat person and a dog person. 

I still regard myself as a cat person. 


Which are you; dog person or cat person or can you be both?

xx
I can see you . . . 
 . . . in the Christmas tree



















20 comments:

  1. Cats. all the way. I love dogs, but only other people's--that means they do the feed, the walk, the managing, and I get to go home dogless. Ive had dogs, but my first love always is the Cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! My first love too. Other people's dogs are fine, I don't even mind going out on walks with them. As long as ,y home is dogless. xx

      Delete
  2. I think it's ok to be a cat person, but like dogs. :) What a great idea to have a dog show at school. I bet the children loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great idea and yes, the children loved it. There's talk of hosting another one in the near future as a great fundraiser because of its success. x

      Delete
  3. I prefer cats. They cook more quickly and are generally far more tender than dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, there's always one. I thought you'd prefer dogs as more meat on their bones. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Whoo-hoo! This comment has me smiling lots. x

      Delete
  5. Hard to resist a waggiest tail :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both dogs and cats but cats are easier to take care of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cat person- suits me to a tee! Dogs are nice....other peoples dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My younger self, dog. Now pretty evenly split. Love the idea of a dog show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, so a dog and cat person. That's kinda cute. xx

      Delete
  9. I have catkids and would have a dog if I wasn't so lazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, dogs are so high maintenance lol. x

      Delete
  10. I'm a Just About Everything Animal Person. I have dogs, chickens and ducks...and used to have a cat. I miss my cat. She got out while my ex-husband was watching the kids and we haven't seen her in 2 months. :/ I still hope she returns. She's a great cuddler in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That's so sad! I hope she returns too; it's not unheard of for cats to reappear after a long time away. Fingers crossed. x

      Delete